We are seeking a student intern to facilitate design, implementation, and production of various branding and communication endeavors in the 2017-2018 academic year. Possible endeavors and projects could include, but are not limited to: Graphic design/template development for project specific one-sheets, flyers, posters, website content and infographics, etc. Specifics will be determined upon employment depending on the interest and skill set of the Creative Assistant.
Start Date: Immediately
Hours/Times: Average 5 hours per week, days/times variable; project based
Duration: 2017 – 2018 Academic Year; possible extension
- Full or part-time student status at the UW Seattle Campus during the term of employment
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Communication, graphic design, and/or layout knowledge
- Ability to work on a personal computer, access to assorted industry standard software
- Ability to present portfolio or samples of similar work
- Familiarity with sustainability initiatives at the University of Washington
- Strong design portfolio, cohesive design style, and branding knowledge
- Negotiate and determine specific project scope and deliverables with CSF staff upon hiring
- Work on creative deliverables predominantly in the CSF’s office on campus, or remotely as needed and negotiated
- Secure vendors for specific direct material and productions costs, work with CSF Coordinator to ensure their purchase (example: printing, tote bag suppliers, etc.) stays within budget
- Consult with the CSF Outreach Coordinator, CSF Committee Members and CSF Coordinator for strategic prioritization of future creative undertakings
- Produce complete deliverables in both physical and digital forms
Please send a resume, portfolio/work samples, and a quick introduction in the email body (no cover letter necessary) to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Apply by Friday, November 17th.