Now is your chance to become closely involved with both the daily operations and overall strategy of the Campus Sustainability Fund. We are looking for a student eager to commit substantial time and energy to empowering the UW community to engage with sustainability. The CSF has four administrative employees: a Program & Finance Coordinator, student Outreach Coordinator, student Graphic Designer, and student Project Development Specialist. The Outreach Coordinator is the designated part-time position focused primarily on the CSF's external relations. Working as the CSF Outreach Coordinator provides the unique opportunity to be simultaneously involved with many sustainability initiatives on the UW campus.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via the joinhandshake.com portal by Wednesday, July 25th. Find by searching Job ID 1727544. Alternatively, you may send a cover letter and resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The CSF, located within the UW Sustainability office, is a student-fee derived grant fund available to the UW Seattle community to implement sustainability projects on campus. The Outreach Coordinator will play a lead role in strategizing to engage diverse campus communities and helping to solicit new projects, raising the profile of the CSF. This position is responsible for nearly all aspects of CSF’s outward-facing communication, including promoting key deadlines and opportunities, hosting events, networking, and updating social media platforms. This student hourly position is up to 19.5 hours / week during the academic year and summer.
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. The CSF values and honors diverse experiences and perspectives, while striving to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access and opportunity for all. The CSF encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
· Promote and market key CSF deadlines, events and initiatives including funding cycle deadlines, request for proposals, and opportunities for project funding.
· Lead efforts to raise the profile of the CSF within the UW Seattle campus community.
- Organize and carry out events geared to a diverse audience, and incentivize participation.
- Carry out in-person presentations to RSOs, departments, and entities.
- Attend and network at RSO, departmental, and University events.
- Actively seek and engage in opportunities to introduce, represent, and forge collaborations across UW’s campus, and beyond traditional environmental spheres.
- In addition to standard communication techniques, develop and implement creative methods that are inclusive, engaging, and leverage existing University initiatives.
· Create an outreach strategy that builds on existing CSF resources and accesses various communication streams at UW.
· Maintain a strong social media presence that showcases CSF’s diverse and inclusive presence on campus.
· Work with Graphic Designer to develop visual communication material (posters, photos, video, logos, etc.).
· Manage a team of student volunteer ambassadors and track the performance.
· Conduct outreach plan meetings with CSF grant recipients, and consult on outreach processes with existing CSF project leads.
· Track outreach metrics to evaluate inclusivity and reach across the student body and academic departments.
· Create and update contact lists for all marketing and communications.
· Update web content and assist with web development.
· Strong commitment and passion for diversity, inclusivity, and collaborative problem-solving.
· Work independently and have an entrepreneurial spirit to initiate projects.
· Work well in a team environment.
· Excellent communication and networking skills.
· Comfortable speaking and presenting to large audiences.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing deadlines and prioritize time accordingly.
· Experience or expertise with many of the following programs or platforms: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, HTML, Drupal or similar website content management systems, Facebook, Twitter.
· An advanced understanding of the campus culture and fabric is a plus.
· Previous experience working in an office environment or in an outreach position is a plus.
· Photography experience is a plus.
This position will report to the CSF Coordinator.
Job Hours and Pay Rate
Start Date: Early August
Compensation: $15.45 per hour
Hours/Times: 17-19.5 hours / week during academic year. 15-19.5 hours / week summer.
Deadline to Apply: July 25th, 2018 or until filled.
Position Duration: Academic year 2018-2019. Possible extension at discretion of Supervisor (discussed based on performance in spring quarter).
About University of Washington Sustainability Office
UW Sustainability advances the University of Washington's commitment to sustainability. Acknowledging UW’s legacy for the future, UWS leads the development and execution of innovative and inclusive solutions that are socially responsible, economically viable, and affect positive environmental impact. We work with students, faculty and staff across the UW to coordinate, resource and implement sustainability programs and efforts.