Consider Speaking to:
Housing & Food Services
Planning and Architecture
- Installation of new energy-metering equipment on campus buildings
- Energy efficiency retrofits of existing buildings and campus structures
- Biogas Reactor
- Creation of campus “dashboard” energy management systems
- Bottle Re-fill Stations
- Electric Car Charging Stations
- Solar: expansion of UW Solar - look at housing projects where the infrastructure is already in place.
- Dashboard Collaborations with Students (graphics, public locations to view data of building energy consumption)
- Charge non-ADA students for use of handicap door buttons (card swipe required).
- Outreach/Incentive funding for departments to replace inefficient equipment.
- Install phase change materials in ceilings/walls
- Green roofs
- Methane re-capture
- Description of building operations
- Anything contributing to approaching net-zero on HFS structure
- Audits of existing HFS buildings to see what steps should next be taken to increase sustainability with future funding, priority given to high visibility areas
- Installation of efficient surge protectors in campus residence halls
- Installation of motion-sensor lighting wherever feasible
- Composting or other waterless toilet fixtures